One of the most frequently asked questions designers get is, “How do I choose the right artwork?”. There are a few guidelines to make sure you select the right piece for a specific space. Artwork is what helps define the personality of the homeowner and their space. It’s useful in tying certain pieces together and creating character in a home. The best thing about art is that it’s an investment you can take with you as you move, and can even grow in value over time. It also doesn’t require you to take out a second mortgage; you can spend as little or as much as you like.
- For the KitchenOne of the most commonly forgotten rooms in terms of artwork is the kitchen. The kitchen is often referred to as the “heart of the home” and in many cases, the most used room of the house. There is no question, art needs to be incorporated here. Countertops or spaces above cabinets are perfect homes for art. To keep the art in the details, lean toward smaller pieces that complement, not overwhelm, the space. We tend to go with funny or more social prints that make us smile, and make mornings easier!
- For the BedroomThe bedroom is a retreat, a place for relaxation and the artwork should reflect that. The best walls for art in the bedroom are directly over the bed or on the wall opposite the bed. Large scale pieces are best and should be hung at eye level. Look for abstract pieces with soothing colors or tones. If you are into photography, landscapes or desaturated photos work best. Keep the frames minimal–a gallery frame or canvases work great as well. Here, we want to focus on the art piece itself and not so much its vessel.
- For the OfficeChris loves Julia Whether you work from home or in an office, art is a great way to personalize your space and keep you inspired. Our favorite way to do this is by creating a rotating gallery. To start, you need a long floating ledge shelf installed preferably over your workspace or close to it. The beauty of this is that it’s the only thing you will have to hang! Next is the fun part, you can pick out an assortment of artwork that inspires you. Envision a mood board of sorts, positive images or works by artists who inspire you are good places to start. You want to incorporate different sizes as well, big and small so the possibilities are endless. You can have them all in similar frames for a minimalist look or all different frames to add some character. These pieces can be rotated or updated whenever you get bored, no nails required.
- For the BathroomThe bathroom is another room that often gets neglected with art. The artwork you choose should go with the vibe of the bathroom. For example, if it’s a powder room on the main level, you should stick to more fun and bright pieces. If it’s a master bath, go with more serene or calming pieces. Bathroom art looks great in pairs, we like to choose a set of two either stacked or side by side. They can be two of the same abstract pieces with one flipped on its side, or two different pieces that go with the same theme. Solid places for these pieces would be over the toilet, over the bathtub (if you’re lucky enough to have one), or over the towel/robe hooks.
- For the Living RoomThe most fun room to decorate with art, and most times, the most intimidating is the living room. Most of us feel a lot of pressure here since this is the room most of your guests will see and spend time in. Choosing the right piece is elemental in provoking conversation and setting the feel or vibe of the space. You can opt for one large-scale piece or a large gallery wall. Sometimes you need to think outside the frame. Art doesn’t have to be a piece of print or canvas, sometimes it can take other forms. Whether it’s a large scale replica of the American flag or Stag horns, look beyond a 2D image and you’ll find a unique piece that best reflects you.
Beatles Music Minimalist Motivational Typography Quotes Art Print Poster Wall Picture Canvas Paintings Cafe Office Home Decor
Modern Graffiti Street Art Cartoon Posters And Prints Canvas Painting Wall Pictures For Living Room Kid’s Bedroom Cuadros Decor
Nordic Canvas Painting Flowers Poster Blue Floral Wall Art Print for Vintage Living Room Decorative Wall Pictures
Food Painting Modern Spices Poster Canvas Picture For Kitchen Restaurant Home Decoration Wall Art NO Frame Wallpaper HD Printed
Modern Style Acrylic Design Coffee Table Minimalist Small Coffee Table Living Room Decoration Mesa Posta Entrance Furniture
Fashion Wall Art Canvas Painting Lash Pink Glitter Prints Perfume Bottle Vogue Pictures Wold Map Poster Girls Room Home Decor
Black And White Abstract Painting Canvas Painting Minimalist Painting Modern Art Large Wall Art Rich Textures Modern Home Decor
Modern Design Coffee Table Luxury Aesthetic Living Room Coffee Table Portable Itality Lounge Moveis Para Casa Home Furniture